New Moon in Cancer
29 June 2022, 05:52 – Romania time
Wednesday, 29 June 2022 it is a good time to set new intentions, plans or ideas.
It’s a time to sowing and starting those actions that are really meaningful to us.
It is good to be present, to project positively in accordance with the highest values of our soul and to have confidence in their realization.
Whatever we start now will be imbued with the energy of the zodiac sign of Cancer, an emotional and intuitive energy.
The detoxification capacity of the body is maximum on the day of the New Moon.
Anyone who makes a rule of having a fasting day every time the Moon is New, will benefit from many advantages in preventing ailments.
Also this day is perfect to start a new activity such as unlearning bad habits.
Often bad habits are the outward expression of some inner energies.
These energies only need a new goal to become useful and valuable for us and for other people.
The night before the New Moon is a night of divine transcendence.
If we engage in spiritual activities we can achieve exceptional results.
These can be tantamount to the results obtained after a year of hard spiritual practice.
The night preceding this New Moon phenomenon is celebrated in the Oriental spiritual tradition under the name of Shiva Ratri.
In our case it is about the night from June 28 to June 29, 2022.
During this astral moment, it is good to:
- we have an easy diet or even to practice Anaharin – fasting only with water
- we reduce the rhythm of daily activities, and to aim to orient ourselves inwards
- to be aware that this night is particularly effective for the practice of meditation, it
This new beginning can “settle” better in our being and we can fully benefit from this astrological aspect.
For this, it is advisable to perform a short meditation of about 20 minutes of New Moon.
Specifically, during its maximum period, 10 minutes before and 10 minutes after it takes place, that is, between 05:42 and 06:02.
The practice of meditation gives us the opportunity to make important spiritual advances in this way.
How we meditate:
- Sit on a chair with your back straight and your hands resting on your thighs with your palms down
- We aim to completely relax our body, especially the muscles of the face
- It is necessary to feel the physical body abandoned and immobile.
- After we have achieved the “parking” of the body we turn our attention inside the body, in the middle of the chest
- We imagine that we are dimensionless, at that level
- Throughout the meditation, we aim to feel the complex influence of this astral moment, the New Moon
The luminaries, the Sun and the Moon participate in the “cosmic wedding”, by sharing the same zodiac degree.
Now the masculine and the feminine merge into a perfect unit.
Due to the conjunction between the Sun and the Moon there is a special complementarity of yin-yang energies in nature.
We aim to find a perfect agreement between our will and God’s Will
Thus, our consciousness will go through exceptional spiritual transformations.
They will lead to the attainment of the state of inner harmony and peace.
Through the state of consciousness cultivated through different techniques Abheda Yoga, certain unfavorable astrological transits can be transcense.
Apart from these methods to be practiced systematically, it can be said that the destiny of men is written in the stars.
It is relatively difficult for the average man to manifest free will, independent of the influences of celestial bodies.
Specific astrological aspects
Wednesday, June 29, 2022
– 05:52 – marks the moment of
New Moon in Cancer
through the perfect conjunction between the Sun and the Moon at the degree 7’23.
occupies the XII house of this astral moment, a sector of our solitude and inner resources, of everything that is secret and misunderstood.
The Moon is in its own home in Cancer, and this New Moon in Cancer is in the first dean of the sign, also governed by the Moon.
We can say that this New Moon in Cancer is extremely influential and powerful, being the moment of the Return of the Moon “home”.
What do we associate the zodiac sign of Cancer with? – with Emotion, Safety, Protection and Tradition – The characteristic verb to FEEL.
The key elements of this sign are:
- home, family and family ties
- our past and roots, country, tradition and history, attachments
- everything that is representative of the concept of emotional safety
- The concept of protection, material and emotional security
- consolidation, affection
- our connection with the environment, with nature, oceans
- the connection with the Moon, the one that governs the tides.
What is the atmosphere of this period?
→ We are easily impressionable and imbued with a typical lunar, feminine, cardinal, fecund energy, an energy that directly and deeply influences our feelings and state of mind.
→ We tend to be more connected to our feminine, maternal side and implicitly to our own intuition and inner spiritual needs.
→ The influence of the moon at home in the sign of cancer on us can be quite intense.
→ We impregnate our emotional universe with a certain depth or even nostalgia
→ It is even possible to see something that had hitherto been hidden in the depths of our being and to enter uncharted territories.
Some of us can perceive this energy quite unstable, testing our emotional balance.
This energy connects us with the things, the beings, the memories of our past and everything that is not accepted or healed there will tend to come to the surface.
The apparent state of calm that we display actually hides a lot of introspection and immersion in deep waters.
We are empathetic and imaginative, we are more present and aware of our inner universe than the outer one.
This generates a need for increased intimacy with ourselves, in a space where we feel protected.
The decisions we tend to make don’t come from a rational analysis but is based on something much more subtle, on intuition and emotional connection. They all make us more intuitive, more connected, more empathetic but also more emotionally vulnerable.
What characterizes us during this period?
The need for protection and emotional security as well as the search for a more or less palpable reality that supports this need.
Any beginning that we propose now (material, professional or sentimental) will have to correspond to this need for support and protection.
We will seek to feel “safe”.
A New Moon in Cancer:
- reminds us about the debts and responsibilities towards the family and the close ones
- it amplifies our need to reconnect with our family or with that person, relationship, group, activity, environment that fulfills this need.
- we turn our attention to our home and family and if peace or harmony is missing from our own family, we will do our best to remedy this.
- protects the home, favors changes related to the house, home, interior design, redecoration, relocations, sales or acquisitions of real estate
- supports us in making changes in our own garden or in the space around the house
- we are heading to spend more time in nature or near a river or lake
- favors births or relations with the little ones
It helps us to reconnect with our own soul, with our Divine origins
The domain of our life energized by this New Moon is the XII house
This is the sector of our inner world, of the imaginary, a sector of our solitude and our individual resources.
It is a sector of mustering in itself, of meditation, the energy here is turned inside the being.
Everything that is hidden, secret, misunderstood, fears or vulnerabilities that we have not healed or realized are present here.
House XII is the natural home of Pisces so it is a land full of dreams, premonitions, faith, healing, spirituality.
- We can feel a lot of confusion, betrayal, secrecy or manipulation when we are not connected to God
- This New Moon in Cancer invites us to descend into our depths
- It reminds us that no beginning is possible without having made peace with our own past, with our own fears or vulnerabilities
- We can face something that still hurts, something that we have not solved, we have not forgiven or we have not understood
- We meet with the results of our own good or bad actions, giving us the chance to end this process once and for all
- The ingredients we will need will be time to work with ourselves, understanding, acceptance, compassion, humility, forgiveness
- We realize that the process of forgiveness begins with us. What we do not forgive ourselves we will not be able to forgive even to the one next to us.
This New Moon in Cancer becomes a perfect time to do an inner research, to see what really gives us “safety” in our lives.
We check if they are the things, the ephemeral activities of this world or we have already discovered the security in relation to the Divine in our being.
The hand with the New Moon in Cancer at this time is Lilith
which is nothing but our own shadow, passing us through a veritable test of faith.
With her by her side, we have the chance to become aware of those things or aspects of us that we do not like or that we tend to repress.
But now we need to transform them because everything we do not accept will always keep us tied up, blocked, tormented or burdened.
We can easily turn into our own enemy, more or less consciously.
House XII is the house of our subconscious – we can permanently sobota, if we do not accept the challenge we are offered.
With Lilith in Cancer in house XII,
the tests are related to:
- family or nation from which we come
- the links between generations, motherhood
- acute possessiveness, attachment
- inability to let go of habits or behaviors
- security (the permanent feeling that we are in danger)
- nutrition, love, acute sensitivity, isolation, various complexes, vices.
The most harmful thing
we can do now would be to:
→ We are constantly victimizing ourselves, accusing fate or others for what is happening
to us→ We are stubborn in persisting in those things, activities, behaviors that we have done so far without any desire to change.
The most advisable thing
would be to:
→ connect to our own soul, taking away from there all the power we need
→ take responsibility for everything we have done right or wrong, forgiving ourselves for everything but also forgiving those around us
A beneficial prayer during this period is the one uttered by St. Hierarch Grigorie Palama, archbishop of Thessalonica who prayed to the Mother of God with all his being:
” Enlighten my darkness, Mother of God“.
Any prayer to the Mother of God or the Divine Mother (taking into account that the Moon is in Cancer) will be of great benefit and help to us.
Jupiter in Aries, our great benefic tenses this New Moon in Cancer
- We are challenged to find solutions to bring more security and safety into our lives
- Let’s be careful not to rush, not to exaggerate something more than is the case,
- Not to make excesses, not to rush to conclude something quickly or to start a project without prior analysis
- To allow ourselves to flow with life, to be open to the challenges that arise, to get out of the comfort zone
- Let’s be willing to give up maybe some roads that lead nowhere and try new ones, following our intuition.
A New Moon in Cancer reminds us that the true “security” to which we aspire will never be an outer one but an inner one.
It is that security built on the connection we have with God in our being.
Virginia Olteanu – astrologer