Om Gam Ganapataye Namaha is the Mantra of the Hindu God Ganesha, the one who removes any kind of obstacle.
A frequent way of relating to Ganesha, even in the contemporary world, is the intonation of his mantra.
The mantra has a powerful effect on those who sing or listen to it, unlocking certain subtle energies that are put in touch with
- spiritual and material prosperity,
- good start and fulfillment of their projects of any kind,
- power to defeat any obstacle,
- life in the spiritualized and spiritualizing material world,
- the ability to be a perfect leader, spontaneous and authentic, wise
- supervirility or the grace of supervirility (in the case of a woman)
- and many more.
One of Ganesha’s mantras is
Om Gam Ganapataye Namaha.
In translation from Sanskrit, the mantra has the following meaning:
- Man – is the pranava mantra, or the primordial sound from which the entire Universe was born, there is the belief that the god Ganesha would be the personification of this sacred sound.
- Gam – represents the secret power of Vighneshwar’s sound, it is the sacred syllable, the bija. When Gam is intonated, it’s like pronouncing his name.
- Ganapataye – is another name of Ganesha, the one that removes all obstacles.
- Namaha – translates to honoring or greeting.
Mantras in Sanskrit are compressed formulas, reduced to essence, of energies that are charged with miraculous, healing powers.
The intonation of Ganesha’s mantra – Om Gam Ganapataye Namaha, who finds himself in this form in Ganapati Upanishad, is considered the mantra that removes obstacles and that should be recited at the beginning of any new project, especially if it is one of a spiritual nature, of a new business, of signing contracts, so that Ganapati brings wealth, success, prosperity, luck and harmony to the enterprising ones.
It is said that regular recitation of the mantra, with an attitude of sincere devotion, improves discipline, and removes fears and phobias. Usually the mantra is recited in sequences 108 times, for maximum efficiency,
In closing we will find below a short excerpt from Ganesha Upanishad:
“All those who devotedly will regularly repeat the Ganesha Mantra – Om Gam Ganapataye Namaha, they will ascend spiritually and become eligible to attain the state of Brahmatva or the state of self realization… When you are in a state of constant worship of Lord Ganesha and when you constantly recite the mantra, he will remove any obstacle in your way.” – Sri Ganesha Upanishad