Astronomically, the spring equinox represents the moment when the Sun reaches the point of intersection of the ecliptic with the celestial equator.
The Sun thus passes from the southern latitude to the northern latitude of the heavenly sphere.
Thedawn is then equal in duration to the night and, astronomically speaking, spring and the new year begin.
This moment of balance symbolizes
an ineffable state of harmony that makes appear a state of profound, pregnant transformation of the outer nature, as well as a beneficial transformation of our human nature.
Everything then awakens to life and tends to come to the surface in order to enjoy the intense and profound beneficial subtle energies of spring.
In the period of “preservation in which the restrictions of winter were felt”, most of the diet in yogis was composed of seeds, cereals and dairy.
It follows, according to the Orthodox Christian tradition, the lent of the Holy Easter, which also includes this moment of equinox.
During this period , a spontaneous process of special purification takes place both at the level of the body and at the level of some of our subtle bodies.
As a result of this phenomenon, a state of mental tranquility, psychic balancing, affective dynamization is gradually established.
Not at all by chance, especially in this period of mysterious rebirth and regeneration of nature.
Mating of most animals occurs.
Plants begin to sprout, and one by one, the germs of life are reborn all around us.
At the Spring Equinox, man must fully adapt to some requirements of:
- awakening to reality
- exit from the state of sleep
- stopping the hibernation process
This stage has both a material and social significance, as well as a spiritual one.
In some cases, this phenomenon of maladjustment will give rise to states of fatigue, nervousness that are often without motivations.
This aspect is generally defined by medicine as “spring asthenia“.
This mysterious moment of hiatus spontaneously puts us in touch with the huge subtle energies of the beginning, with the momentum full of optimism that appears at each new beginning of life.
At the same time, this moment of effervescence makes a fascinating flowering of vitality appear.
He harmoniously awakens in his being virility and femininity, stimulating the ecstatic experience of the mysterious tumult of spring.
The spring equinox makes us spontaneous, courageous, dynamic and active.
What can we do on the occasion of the spring equinox?
1. Let’s approach for a while (e.g. until Christian Easter) the raw-vegan diet, the vegetable juice diet or the Oshawa diet (this only 10 days).
2. To carry out purification procedures as they are concussed in the saucha (purity) of Abheda Yoga – Anaharin – black fasting only with water, purification regime with citrus fruits, Kalaka nirmukta for draining the gallbladder, Ganesha Kriya or Mula Shodana, Shank Prakshalana and Basti Kriya.
3. Meditation to take advantage of this moment of the beginning of the astronomical year
– to infuse this beginning with spiritual energies as deep and as high as possible,
-for a better and most spiritual beginning
– to enhance our regenerative and creative skills.