Shivaratri and the New Moon
The influence of the New Moon on us
The influence of the Moon is manifested primarily on the liquids in the body, respectively on the psyche.
It is precisely because of this that the lunar symbolism is connected with the subconscious.
When it is a New Moon, the influence of this star on us is minimal, being a favorable moment for setting new intentions, plans or ideas.
It’s the perfect time to sow and start those actions that are really meaningful to us.
The detoxification capacity of the body is maximum on the day of the New Moon.
Anyone who makes a rule of having a fasting day every time at the New Moon, will benefit from many advantages in the prevention of ailments.
Also, the day after the New Moon is perfect for starting a new activity such as unlearning bad habits.
Often bad habits are the outward expression of some inner energies.
These energies only need a new goal to become useful and valuable to ourselves and other people.
The night preceding the New Moon
The night before the New Moon is also called the “night without the moon”-
It is celebrated in the Oriental spiritual tradition under the name of ShivaRatri, being a moment with profound spiritual valences.
Shivaratri is a night of divine transcendence, very important for yogis around the world.
If we engage in spiritual activities, we can obtain exceptional results that are equivalent to the results obtained after a year of assiduous spiritual practice.
This moment claims:
-unlearning unwanted habits and removing addictions
-new beginnings or changes of mentality.
This new beginning can “settle” better in our being and fully benefit from this astrological aspect.
For this, it is advisable to perform a short meditation of about 20 minutes of New Moon.
Specifically, during its maximum period, 10 minutes before and 10 minutes after it takes place.
How we meditate:
- Sit on a chair with your back straight and your hands resting on your thighs with your palms face down
- We aim to completely relax our body, especially the muscles of the face
- It is necessary to feel the physical body abandoned and immobile.
- After we have achieved the “parking” of the body we turn our attention inside the body, in the middle of the chest
- We imagine that we are dimensionless, at that level
- Throughout the meditation, we aim to feel the complex influence of this astral moment, the New Moon
During this astral moment, it is good:
- to have an easy diet or even to practice Anaharin – fasting only with water,
- to reduce the pace of daily activities,
- to aim to orient ourselves inwards,
- to be aware that this night is particularly effective for the practice of meditation, it gives us the opportunity to achieve thus, important spiritual advances.
Due to the conjunction between the Sun and the Moon there is a special complementarity of yin-yang energies in nature.
If we now seek to find a perfect agreement between our will and God’s will, our consciousness will go through exceptional spiritual transformations that will lead to the acquisition of the state of harmony and inner peace.
Through the state of consciousness cultivated through different techniques Abheda Yoga, certain unfavorable astrological transits can be transcense.
*about Maha Shivaratri HERE