Are our children under stress?
As parents, one of our most important goals is to help our children grow up as harmoniously as possible in order to become healthy future adults, happy and perfectly integrated into society. To achieve this goal , we must start by teaching our child the importance of a healthy lifestyle . We live in an ever-changing world , where everyone experiences varying degrees of stress, and children are not safe from it either.
Many parents have the misconception that only adults suffer from stress in their lives and believe that the little ones have nothing to worry about, or they think that children do not have serious problems or responsibilities, so they do not need to worry about it yet, but this is not the case.
Our children live in a society that is constantly on the move. Busy parents hastily take their children to school every morning, they are constantly under pressure to get good grades at school, to memorize a lot of information, more or less important, to sometimes participate in competitive sports, to make new friends, to integrate into the class collective (here they may encounter problems with self-esteem) and the list could go on and on. We, as adults, do not believe that this kind of situations could be stressful things for our children, but in reality they can be extremely serious in the eyes of a child . Events in our children's lives have a profound effect on how they feel or focus, and can have a huge impact on their self-esteem and their future as a whole, throughout their maturation.
Why is Yoga beneficial for children?
Yoga can help eliminate most of the negative pressures and thoughts in your child's life. Here are some of the benefits of practicing yoga for children:
- Reduces stress - When children learn techniques of relaxation and inner fulfillment, they can cope with life's challenges much easier, reducing unnecessary stress and anxiety .
- Improves self-esteem and self-confidence - Yoga improves the child's self-esteem and self-confidence, using a physical activity that is uncompetitive .
- Cooperation and compassion - Yoga encourages teamwork and compassion instead of conflicts and hostiles . This is a wonderful gift for our children.
- Improves overall health - From a physical point of view , it improves flexibility, strength, coordination, and body awareness.
- Focus - Yoga improves the concentration of children.
- Reduces agitation - Yoga helps children to become calmer and accordingly they are able to relax.
- Keeps children in shape – It is a physical exercise of great value for children.
- Helps children to find themselves - Children learn to connect more deeply to their inner selves, so that they become able to develop an intimate relationship with nature, with the world that surrounds them .
- Yoga improves creativity – Asanas were born from observing the surrounding world with nature as a source of inspiration. For example, many asanas bear suggestive names, such as: Cobra Posture, Peacock Posture, Scorpio Posture, etc. When children imitate the movements and sounds of nature, they have a chance to enrich themselves with its qualities. When they assume the Posture of the Lion (Simhasana ) for example, they experience, not only the strength and behavior of the lion, but also their own feelings of power : they will know when it is time to be aggressive, or when it is time to withdraw. Yoga not only develops imagination but also teaches children not to act impulsively and to do what is right.
- Increases the ability to think creatively - Yoga encourages children to be open and try new things in life.
- Relieves irritable bowel syndrome – Scientific research has also noted that yoga has positive effects on children : studies have found that yoga can relieve symptoms in adolescents suffering from irritable bowel syndrome.
- Relieves ADHD - Scientific research has mentioned that yoga can help children with ADHD ( Attention Deficit Syndrome and Hyperactivity Disorder ).
- Relieves astm - Yoga can help people with asthma learn to breathe easier.
- It favors weight loss - Yoga is an effective way to help obese teens control their weight.
- Relieves aboseala - Yoga can relieve fatigue.
- Relieves the humanbeing - Yoga can help children to have a restful sleep at night.
- Improves communication skills - Yoga helps improve children's communication skills by sharing their own knowledge and experiences with others.
Children need to discover the world on their own. Doing everything for them, or telling them how to think, or trying to impose yourself all the time, is not the best way to educate a child. Instead, try to provide them with a loving and creative environment so that the little ones can discover the world in a positive and loving atmosphere. Yoga can open children's hearts and help them learn how to have a happy, healthy and productive life.
Your children will have the opportunity to create, express themselves and grow up, becoming happy and confident adults . A bright future can begin today, giving our children a unique, magical experience - the magic of practicing yoga!